Mont-St-Michel Escapades

Friday 17 February 2012

The Mont-St-Michel is most visited tourist attractions apart from Eiffel Tower in Paris, France. Stunning gothic-style Benedictine abbey dedicated to the archangel Saint Michael located in the lower part of Normandy Region in France.

The Mont-St-Michel and its bay – is one of UNESCO list of world heritage. A must see and visit attraction in Normandy.

When its high tides it looks like floating Cathedral. The track way is covered by water and uncovered at low tide.

What to expect?
  • Expect for stunning cultural attractions, from country side to sea side.
  • Exciting road trips and thousands of souvenir shops to stops.
  • Expect for nice Cafés, hotels and restaurants in the community.
  • Expect for long walk and climbing.

Taken inside the car








How was our visit?

The weather was awful when went to Mont-St-Michel. We go by car and paid 6 euros for car parking. The attraction is free. The good thing that time we did not take the pram with us or else it would be nightmare. It’s was hard work for the both of us to go there just imagine carrying my daughter in my shoulder whilst climbing up to the abbey. It’s like sacrifice for me just to enter to the Cathedral it was worth of going. It’s beautiful inside and outside.

To end our day tour we had lovely meal from La Mére Pourlard  an 18th century hotel and restaurant with famous wall of autographs from over a century of famous diners, including Ernest Hemingway and Yves Saint-Laurent. Best to try their house cidré  it's the best! Another unforgettable adventure we had.


Travel Tips
Best to go in summer and don't forget to check the weather forecast and best to go during low tide.

How to get there?
By car or by bus. And it takes almost 4 hours travelling from Paris to Mont-St-Michel. We were lucky enough we stayed in the same region and took us an hour to travel. 




Wind Mill






Whilst waiting for the food I decided to draw my husband and daughter.


23 comments:

  1. Mona said...:

    nice place looks very sacred!

  1. Blanca said...:

    wow, the cathedral look stunning. While I was reading your post the Prayer to St. Michael keeps popping in my head. Looking forward to more around Europe post from you, kahit man lang sa photos mo makapunta kami dyan.:)

  1. MheAnne said...:

    hey there! nice post and informative. i will keep tab on this if I am in France next.I have just been to Paris and since it was my first time in 2007, we concentrated on the many nearby attractions.

  1. enzo said...:

    Seems like a place where kings and queens live. Fairy tale place. I love those pictures. It looks gloomy though.

  1. Lovely, I wouldn't mind the weather and the climb as long as I get to embrace the architecture and the beauty of the whole place.

  1. OMG! One look at it and you know how majestic this church is!

  1. stacy said...:

    Very useful information especially the transportation. Thank you.

  1. Sionee said...:

    That's a beautiful place!!! How I wish it's just nearby haha . BTW you're little is adorable! :)

  1. Anonymous said...:

    If you imagine the hardwork of the people bulding this abbey from way way back before then it must be so tiring! It is so amazing to see that till now its standing still! Its just so fantastic! Masterpiece!

    http://misexperienciaspersonales.wordpress.com/

  1. athena said...:

    beautiful. very scenic. :>

  1. OMG! very beautiful!!!! love to travel there! now na!!!

  1. yuuki said...:

    super like! i want to see the cathedral too!

  1. Unknown said...:

    wow! hopefully i'll find time to visit this place :)

  1. Unknown said...:

    My Mom would love to see this ... she would appreciate it.

  1. It is nice to hear that - a floating cathedral. Thanks for a categorized and detailed info about your activities on how did you go about your travel here in this place. At least, I'm well-informed about this.

  1. fbalgos said...:

    The spires look deadly!
    And it has the authentic medieval look!
    I sure wanna see this with my own eyes

  1. markpogi said...:

    That's a might structure out there =).

    Were you able to tour inside Mont-St-Michel as well?

  1. Sining Factory said...:

    Is this for real? Hahaha. I never thought there is a place like this in the world. I only see them in movies, pictures, etc. Damn! I wanna go here so bad. :)

  1. Unknown said...:

    wow ang ganda!! thanks for sharing this... I'm planning to explore France bu middle of this year... i would love to visit the place! ;)

  1. Byahero said...:

    awesome escapade!

  1. Claire said...:

    beautiful place, when will I get there? hmmmm..in my dreams...lol :)

  1. Admin said...:

    Honestly, the first picture surprised me...Grabe ang ganda,

  1. wow naman i just read this this week sa wiki... nice

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave some comments. Merci!

 
Travellers Confessions © 2011 | Designed by Interline Cruises, in collaboration with Interline Discounts, Travel Tips and Movie Tickets