Winter Holiday: Day 3

Thursday 12 January 2012


The fog is covering the hills, road and even the lakes. The weather forecast says rain showers are expecting in the afternoon. The good news wind 24 km/hr and no show of snow.

The plan is we’re planning to have breakfast first thing in the morning at the Hot Mango Café. Quick shopping for some nibbles and drinks and then we are off to the Lake Side in The Lakes for cruising. 

vegetarian omelette
The family had some breakfast at Hot Mango Café. I don’t fancy eating Full-English breakfast, so I ordered a vegetarian omelette and hot chocolate. It was absolutely divine.

Before I decided to order my food, I read the whole menu it’s quite impressive to serve such food in café. The way they describe the café is very convincing and very true of what they wrote on their menus. Come in, set down, order your food and eat. Then you can tell after eating your food that the day starts at The Hot Mango Café for breakfast. "I wish every day is holiday.”- Jenny O’Toole

Whilst my husband and daughter is having there breakfast, I stealthy way off to the shop for energetically shopping for nibbles and drinks to take with us on the way to the lakes. It will be a long day for the family, since it was our last day in Ulverston.

“I believe it’s more practical to take some bits and bobs for travelling specially you have kids and out all day.” Other reason is kids always want something to eat and to keep them quiet at the same time, whilst parents are enjoying the views.


Stunning






My husband and I we’re agreed to meet in the house then set off to the Lake Side for cruising. Everybody is in the car, seatbelts on, playing Bob Marley’s records, starting the car and off we go.

Flock of geese can you count them?




That is stunning.

I like this picture.

When we arrived at the Lake Side we first check the time schedule. We arrived too early, an hour and half before the next boat. We purchase tickets for the two, kids under 5 goes free which is good news and then come back later on enough time to explore.

We don’t want to go far because we don’t want to miss the boat trip. Instead, we went to our favourite place The Swan Hotel and SPA. We park the car near to the marina, we can see flock of geese swimming and standing at the picnic area of The Swan.

As we walk further the views are stunning. We took some nice photographs. Where is the time gone? We spend an hour for walking and taking photos. It’s time to go back in the car and back to the lake side, half an hour before the boat arrives, enough time to grab some hot drinks and use the toilet before boarding the boat.

There are few passengers on-board, no wonder its winter. Who wants to go for cruising in winter? From the Lake Side the boat goes to Bowness-on-Windimere, where we had shopping yesterday.
The Lake Side Hotel and SPA

Pearl and Daddy

Your's truly.

The Storr Hotel

Windemere Marina

Inside the boat we sat on the left side there is another African- British family with three kids on the right side. After we had some to nibbles and drinks, our Pearl who is very generous she went to the right side and share her sweets with the kids. The Parents of that kids are very happy and so as we.

Arrived in Bowness-on-Windimere we start walking and wandering around town centre area. Our tummy start rumbling, but we don’t want to have heavy meal because we book the Farmers Restaurant for dinner. We keep walking till we find a café for afternoon tea.
Pearl chasing the swan

Aunty Val's Tearooms

The White House

Macdonald The Old England Hotel and SPA

Afternoon tea

Hotel's lobby

Lake District during winter the hills are covered with snow.

That's the view from the lobby of Old England Hotel and SPA

My husband said to me the first time we’ve been in the Lake District he took his mum for afternoon tea at Macdonald The Old England Hotel and SPA.

We get inside and have a look around. It’s too posh for afternoon tea for me, but the view from the lobby over-looking the lakes is absolutely stunning. We decided to stay and order some afternoon tea for two to share. The price of afternoon tea-set is like having 3 course meals in normal restaurant, but it’s worthy. Presentation is excellent, cups, saucers and tea pot are not porcelain from China, the sandwiches, salads, scones, jam and cakes are very tasty and the tea is very refreshing.

Off to the pier to get the boat, when were in the boat I asked my husband if he pay for parking? He said no. OMG! I hope they did not tow away the car or else we will spend fortunes for taxi back home.

When we arrive we quickly check the car. I checked the car I thought it’s ours it was the hotel’s manager’s car. I start panic where is car. My husband shouted at me it’s here. I’m glad the car is there and without notice slip.

Back home everybody is happy and had a lovely time. Speaking of time half seven for dinner, to kill the time were all watching telly in the living room. Then off to the Farmers for dinner. The dinner is worth waiting for 3 nights. Great food with lovely ambiance, I highly recommend the restaurant to all future travellers and locals for great dining experience. Shame on I have no pictures to show how beautifully they presented the food.
Lake Side Hotel at night

That night was the end of our winter holiday. The highlight of our 3 days winter holidays was Pearl shared her sweets with other kids. It makes us proud and very happy parents.

I have learnt that travelling (holiday) doesn’t need to be luxurious and expensive. For me it’s all about family time, bonding each other, sharing one another and enjoys every single minute of it. And that’s how I describe the word HOLIDAY.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave some comments. Merci!

 
Travellers Confessions © 2011 | Designed by Interline Cruises, in collaboration with Interline Discounts, Travel Tips and Movie Tickets