World Museum Liverpool

Sunday 8 January 2012

Wonderful World Museum is situated in the city centre of Liverpool. The only museum that makes your imagination goes wild. Discovering treasures from around the world, meet live creatures and exploring the outer space. Some people say going to the museum is dead boring. No it’s not let me tell you our trip in the museum.


Before I start typing our trip to the museum let me tell you the good news. The good news is the museum offers free entry! Open 7 times a week from 10am to 5pm.

To start our visit we started at the ground floor of course where else. To get some activity trail, brochures and some fact sheets at the information desk. When we get in the museum we first meet two dinosaurs, one in the ground level in the museum, but when  I  look up the ceiling I can see a Pterosaur’s, a prehistoric flying reptile. Wow! That’s amazing. I wonder what’s inside. I can’t wait.


Pterosaur’s, a prehistoric flying reptile


We started at the level 1 – Aquarium – meet live fish from Australia to Anglesey in this watery world. You can see all types’ of sea shells, live crabs, prawns, lobster and beautiful corals. The Treasure House Theatre is also in the same floor where you can see live shows, films and demonstrations




Next level - Clore National History Centre – In this section you can find some objects, animals, plants and rocks.
Bug House – meet live bugs of course, insects and even spiders.
Exhibition Gallery – unique exhibition are displayed in this section.


Tyronnosaurus Rex foot Cast
66 million years
In third level - World Cultures - see objects from the Americas, Africa, Asia and Oceania. Great floor to discover different cultures, their national out-fit and more.
Ancient World - find out about Anglo Saxons, Romans, Greeks and Egyptians. My toddler really enjoys the ancient world. I teach her how to play the Mancala it’s an ancient games. Which we called in the Philippines as “Sungca”.
Weston Discovery Centre - handle objects from around the world.
More things to discover on the fourth level
Dinosaurs - discover replica skeletons of dinosaurs, fossilised reptile footprints and Ice Age mammal bones.
Natural World - explore the canopy of a steamy jungle and see a magnificent lion in the African plains.




We are hungry and thirsty so we carry on going to the Fifth level to grab something to eat and drink. I had soup of the day, which is cream mushroom and bread. My husband had one bottle of ginger beer and Pearl has her tasty treat, after few minutes in the World Museum Café.

Coarse Iron Meteorite weight over 30 tons in 1891.

Palm Leaf Frond fossils 50 million year old.

Megalosaurus found in South of England.

In the same floor the Space collections - look at rockets, telescopes, Moon rock and models of the solar system.

Time - see examples of clock and watch craftsmanship from 1500s to the 1960s.
Planetarium - blast off on a spectacular journey through space and time as the universe is revealed around you. So that was the end of our trip. Oh wait before I forget to mention we went to the souvenir shops next to the information desk before we go out.

How was our visit?

I decided to take my husband and daughter to the world museum on my birthday. I think it’s unique to spend my birthday in the museum. I know my toddler is a massive fan of dinosaurs, animals, and insects. I am pretty sure she will enjoy our trip to the museum.

We really had a good day out. For me to rate the World Museum I’ll give 5 star for overall features. It’s world class museum. It’s state-of-the-art museum.  The way they display all the objects are mind-boggling. The whole museum is clean and child friendly. It’s a perfect place for the whole family and school children to spend a day out.



Fantastic day out with amazing discoveries! 
For more information visit their website : http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave some comments. Merci!

 
Travellers Confessions © 2011 | Designed by Interline Cruises, in collaboration with Interline Discounts, Travel Tips and Movie Tickets