Winter Holiday: Day 2

Wednesday 11 January 2012

To start our day 2 winter holiday we all get up early and get ready to kick-off. We left the house at 8:30 walking to the Farmers Pub and Restaurant for breakfast.

The Farmers Restaurant
Nice colours and style for a country-side restaurant.

I always start my day with coffee. My husband and I ordered 2 medium size cappuccino, a full English breakfast for myself and to share with Pearl and a continental breakfast for him.

Whilst waiting for the food we ordered, sipping the coffee gives us an idea of what we are going to do for the rest of the day. Since we are not yet finish for our Christmas shopping. We decided to do it on that day.
cappuccino
Full-English Breakfast
The breakfast was lovely. The ambiance of the restaurant is beautiful and fab.
It start raining when were about to leave The Farmers, from the farmers we walk on the way to the market of Ulverston.

When we get there it’s nice and warm, the market smells aromatic coffee from the coffee shop inside the market.
Ulverston Market

We found a book shop when we entered the market and I found a traveller’s book from the old travellers with old maps. My husband likes it we both think it is perfect Christmas gift to his dad and we buy children books for Pearl.


Pearl start wriggling and complaining she wants to get out and run and go for a ride. We let her have a go for ride just to keep her entertain and so my husband can read the book properly and buy them as well.

When we left the market we were wandering around the town of Ulverston I don’t see nice shops were I can get Christmas gifts for my in-laws, my husband nephews and nieces. So we decided to go back in the house to get the car and drive to Bowness-on-Windemere.
Fat Face Bowness-on-Windemere, Cumbria

We park the car, Pearl on the buggy and we start walking up hill the shops. We went first to Fat Face shops I get 3 items for 3 people. Opposite to the shops is Joules very nice shops it breaks my heart when I saw nice twiggy jackets for young lads and for myself lovely winter boots. Since it wasn’t in my list I better go out and do more shopping for family and friends gifts.

There are loads of nice shops in and around Bowness-on-Windemere. It was the perfect destination for lovely Christmas gift, definitely!
Gift Shops Bowness-on-Winderemere

Joules Bowness-on-Windemere

After long hours of walking and shopping we decided to have an afternoon tea at Byron’s Shop and Tearoom in Royal Square, Bowness-on-Windemere, Cumbria.

We had a pot of Bryson’s own Cumbria blend. It was absolutely divine, great taste, smooth and aromatic perfect match with Victoria sponge cake.

Cakes and confectioneries to go.

 Byron’s Shop and Tearoom in Royal Square, Bowness-on-Windemere, Cumbria.

Byron’s Tearoom in Royal Square, Bowness-on-Windemere, Cumbria.

Byron’s Shop and Tearoom in Royal Square, Bowness-on-Windemere, Cumbria.

It’s was 4:00 o’clock in the afternoon and its gone dark, Oh well, that’s winter brings.
We are on our way to the car park to get the car and got home about half an hour drive. Stay for 2 hours in the house to get some rest then wait till dinner time.

My husband decided to go for pub hopping. Pearl and I stay in the house and watch some Christmas program. Unfortunately, I left my phone in our house. We agreed to meet in The Farmers for tea at 7:00 enough time for me and Pearl to get ready.

Pearl is getting ready to go out.
Pearl and I left the house at 6:45pm enough time for travelling. The pub and restaurant are busy, as we get in The Farmers my husband wasn’t there. I was dead worried of him. I stay outside the restaurant to get some fresh air.

The road is slippery as the snow starts melting from rain showers. It’s windy and freezing. I sat on a cold stainless chair outside the restaurant after 3 minutes there I saw my husband on his way to the restaurant.

I shouted “Mr. O’Toole look here!” I wave my hand and smile. He saw me and smile back. C’mon we’ve been here for about a quarter. I was dead worried about you.
So we get in I feel a bit hungry. I looked at the board on the top of the gas fire restaurant special. Reading the menu makes me starving.

We spoke to the manager. We haven’t booked a table. Unfortunately, we can’t dine in the restaurant. The manager gives us some recommendations of restaurant that is closed to the area and similar menus.

We stayed in the pub have some hot cider and look each other. I said to my husband go speak to them and book a table for tomorrow night at half seven.We finish the cider and start walking to the restaurant and pub as the manager suggested.

Thai curry with rice, chips and salad

 Mussels and prawns in cream sauce serve with chips.

It was 17th century style of pub and restaurant not very nice as I expected but it was alright.
We had drinks first whilst waiting for the food. The food is unbelievable. The portion is massive. It was absolutely nice. I really enjoyed my main course which is duck green Thai curry with rice, chips and salad to share with Pearl.
My husband had some mussels and prawns in cream sauce serve with chips. Honestly, because of the portion they serve we couldn’t eat chips with bottle of white wine.
Finish with dessert. I couldn’t ask for more. We walk on the way home full and knackered.
Pearl goes straight to bed and we had a bottle of red in the living room whilst watching Michael Bubblé on the telly on his Christmas specials.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave some comments. Merci!

 
Travellers Confessions © 2011 | Designed by Interline Cruises, in collaboration with Interline Discounts, Travel Tips and Movie Tickets